Sunday, April 22, 2018

Cooking Class

Today we went to the second floor of a restaurant in Yangshuo for a cooking class. The Cloud Nine Cooking School. Craig, Kyra and Liam learned to make pork stuffed mushrooms, pork dumplings, sweet and sour pork, and eggplant with Sichuan peppers! I made the same except all vegetarian. It was so fun and a great experience!



Liam and his cleaver!



Our cooking teacher.


Stuffed mushrooms and dumplings in a bamboo steamer.


Folding dumplings -- a true art!


Deep frying pork in the wok.







Then we got to eat our dishes for lunch. The kids weren't crazy about the mushrooms and eggplant, but loved the dumplings and pork. Craig and I loved it all. They gave us the recipes -- now we just have to reproduce it at home!


 

Don't you just love the Golden Arches to the left? Yes, even in China!


After lunch, we headed back to Guilin, went to see Elephant Trunk Hill and checked back into the hotel we were in 2 nights ago.



These are the sun and moon pagodas that are across from our hotel.


I never tire of looking at these mountains.








No comments: