After the first two days it became clear, as Liam's fear began to fade, that neither Sophie nor I had anything to fear. Liam gradually began to make friends with Sophie and now he clearly loves her! He says her name, "Dotee!" and talks about her a lot. "Dotee woo!" (Sophie woof!") Whatever else he is saying about "Dotee" in Cantonese - I can't understand. He once saw Kyra calling for Sophie at the front door and now he goes to the door as soon as we open it and yells "DOTEE!! DOTEE!!! DOTEE!!!" at the top of his little lungs - even if Sophie is standing right in front of him. Liam loves to put his face in her fluffy tail when she wags it, and he loves to lay down in front of Sophie when she's resting and put his nose on Sophie's nose. I have tried to catch both of these precious moments on film, but they have eluded me. One of them always moves just a second too soon. Liam gently pets Sophie and is forever feeding her treats that he has figured out how to get himself. (I'll eventually put them away so I won't have a fat Sophie, but for now it's so sweet to watch.)
Sophie tries to lick Liam, but rarely can before Liam darts away. When he gets a lick in- Liam just smiles and vigoriously wipes it off. Every now and then, Sophie gets a lick that sticks -- right in the back of Liam's head! Sophie calmly endures Liam's attempts to put folding chip clips in her fur, sunglasses on her face and unwanted milk bones in her mouth. When she has had enough - she simply walks away. Sophie has proudly taken on the task of keeping track of both of her charges- first following Kyra down the driveway, then coming back to check on Liam - then following Liam down the driveway and coming back to check on Kyra. Maybe she'll get enough exercise to keep those treats at bay!
Liam tries to give Sophie some water from Liam's water bottle.
Liam "chats" with Sophie in Cantonese (I think).
Liam makes Sophie look super cool.
A boy and his dog --- too sweet for words.
2 comments:
Liam knows Sophie's name is Woof!
My Sophie can make anyone love her though, I'm not surprised.
:-)
Great! Not only adorable, but sooo important to have this part go smoothly for the general atmosphere of well being the household. Good Sophie! (And good, Liam!)
Post a Comment