Thursday, July 16, 2009

Liam's Progress

The greatest news  is that Liam's latest giardia tests came back negative!  Yea!  He still has mushy poos, but the doctor said that could last up to a year.  
The next greatest news is that Liam has grown a half inch in 6 weeks and hasn't lost any weight from the giardia!  Yea!  6 weeks ago, he could just barely reach his tricycle pedals - and now he can put his whole foot on the pedals and pedal away!  He's very pleased with himself!  
His language improves everyday.  He's understanding more, parroting everything, saying more words to communicate needs, wants, and thoughts, and is even putting some two word sentences together.  
He still cries in his sleep at night, but now calms quickly when I touch him and say, "Mommy's here."  It's so sad to think of what must be going on in his dreams. 
He continues to love Sophie just a bit too much.  I don't think he's intentionally tormenting her, but he does.  Poor Sophie.  
Liam is very attached to me, but won't let me leave him  - not even with Daddy.  It makes me afraid that he's going to be as insecurely attached as Kyra, but I hope not.  
Most of the time, Liam is just a very happy boy which makes us very happy parents. 

2 comments:

XiaoXiao said...

Yay! And isn't it extraordinary that Liam has only been joined with his family six weeks? Yet you all are such a unit already. Definitely meant to be.

La La said...

Liam seems to be doing well, albeit his giardia, because when we Skype or talk on the phone, he seems SO HAPPY. I can not tell you what his laughter means to me and the way he says, "Hell-woe, LaLa" so clearly and then the sweet, " I WUV OOH, LALA."
My heart melts when he calls "Dough-tee" for Sophie and "Kyr---uhhhh." He's too much when he says Lightening McQuEEEENNN. I could talk to him for hours if my ears didn't get sore. HoHOHO, LaLa