Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Kyra's First Day of Kindergarten - A River of Tears???

Yes, today was the day.  I knew it would come.  And it did.   Kyra was dressed in her new back to school outfit all ready to go.  
Liam just kept saying "Liam school."   "Liam school bus."   
As we drove through the parking lot of the school, Kyra took her own self- portrait.  Does this look like the face of a child who the teacher would have to pry out of her car seat????   
Thankfully, it was the face of a little girl who was looking forward to her first day of kindergarten.  The teacher opened the door and Kyra got right out with no tears.  So who made the river of tears????  That would be mommy.  It was a bittersweet moment. 
At the end of the day, Liam and I went down to wait for the school bus.  There was Kyra's little face in the front window of the bus.  She was sitting with another little girl she knows.  She came down the bus steps and ran over with a giant hug.   Kyra told us she had a good day at school and learned a really funny song.  
Mommy had flowers for her grown up little girl.   Kyra then told me that she had actually cried at school.   When?  "It was the at the end.  I didn't want to leave school."   I can sleep peacefully tonight.

2 comments:

XiaoXiao said...

Yay!!!! I knew she could do it! Wasn't so sure about you. I should have sent chocolate for Mom's first day.

La La said...

Poor Kim....learning they grow up and L-E-A-V-E is never easy. Wonderful Kyra...tell her LaLa is so proud of she's such a "big girl" "big sister." Flowers for kyra--what a sweet idea. LaLa