We left Manchester Airport 6:30 am on Wed., May 20 and arrived at the Beijing Airport at 1:30 pm on Thurs. May 21 (China time). Flying first class was awesome! After our mid-flight snack that included all of Kyra's favorites (strawberries, oreos, kit kat bars), Kyra said,"I love flying. I want to fly every day!
When we landed, people in masks entered the plane yielding futuristic gun-like scanners and pointed them at our foreheads to check our temperature. Very star-trek like! No fevers - yea!!!At dinner last night in our hotel, Kyra looked around and said, "Everybody here has black hair except mommy and daddy." I wondered how long it would take her to notice that Craig and I are the minority here. Many of the Chinese people stare at her- especially the men. I wonder if they are just seeing if she is happy and cared for or if they are looking for someone. The thought of it makes me sad.
Kyra has had a total of 10 hours sleep in 2 days. She was up from 11-3 last night. I worry that she is going to get wound out of control or just completely melt down.

This is our beautiful hotel lobby with fountain and ceiling. As soon as we walked in they have a display of flags from many countries in a flag holder. Kyra ran ove, grabbed out the American flag and started waving it around.

This is our beautiful hotel lobby with fountain and ceiling. As soon as we walked in they have a display of flags from many countries in a flag holder. Kyra ran ove, grabbed out the American flag and started waving it around. Today we tour a Beijing hutong by rickshaw and the Summer Palace and Gardens.
I can't believe we're only 2 days away from meeting our son! We'll be there soon Liam! We're so very excited to meet you!
6 comments:
We can't wait either! All of you should get your sleep now. You know that luxury is out the window come Monday!
love, us
Enjoy every minute! Kyra must have been celebrating Memorial Day early by waving the American Flag!
Can't wait to see more photos and updates.
Sharon
Hi,
Popped over from Joy of Georgea (friends) to watch your journey.
How exciting!
Sue
So glad that you all made it safely and without quarantine delay! Enjoy the Summer Palace today- it is an amazing place!
-Sharon Rowley
What a gift China is giving you in Liam. Be joyful and be THANKFUL. Hug Kyra for me and hug Liam for me. Sophie and I can't wait to see Liam on Skype. Love, LaLa, aka Grandma Linda
Kyra is so perceptive--I knew it wouldn't take her long to notice that you and Craig are the minority there! I'm wondering if she's noticed that she, too, has the same black hair as everyone else??
Post a Comment