Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mother's Day Tea


Kyra's preschool's 4 year olds gave a wonderful Ladybug Tea on Monday for Mother's Day. 
First, the mothers were treated to a delightful recital with songs like "Rockin' Robin" and "I'm a Little Teapot"



After the recital, each child led their mother downstairs.  Kyra held my hand, took me downstairs and led me to my seat.  What a surprise! 

Kyra had made the placemat, a lady bug necklace that she put on me, planted pansies, decorated a cup cake like a lady bug, drew a picture of me and wrote a story about me. 
It was absolutely adorable!
The kids showed us all our things and then went to their classrooms so the moms could enjoy their lovely tea and chat. 
Each table had 2 unique teapots. 

This is the teapot Kyra wanted me to use.  It looked like a flower.  She even asked me at the end of the day if that was the teapot I used.  
Kyra drew a lovely picture of me and wrote an interesting story about me.  It's an absolute keeper!

MOMMY

My mommy has long blonde hair and green eyes. She likes to wear pants and shirts. She never wears dresses. She works around the house.  Sometimes she goes away for work for three days or something.  What she thinks is fun is talking to mothers. She doesn't like me to call her in the night and wake her up. My mom likes to cook healthy things like vegetables. She doesn't like to cook fish because we had a pet fish and it died. My mom works on her computer while I watch TV. We have moms so they can keep you safe.  I really love it when my mom hugs me.
I love you.
Kyra



What better Mother's Day gift could anyone possibly want?

2 comments:

skm said...

Kim,
Totally adorable letter from Kyra! Can't wait to follow your journey back to China for Liam.
Sharon

Anonymous said...

I love it! Brings back so many memories... Wish I could fit in the suitcase and go along with you. So glad to hear that Sue hooked you up! Safe and happy travels, you will be in our thoughts.

Claire, John & Shae