Tuesday, May 26, 2009

We Have Liam!!!!!


We have had Liam for over 24 hours.  He is awesome!!!  We love him to pieces!  Kyra loves him - she's been such a good big sister - I'm so proud of her!  

He was very passive for the first 24 hours, but started smiling within an hour after we got him. 
The first shots were his Adoption Day yesterday.  The last photo is today during our many hours of paperwork and interviews.  We have now officially adopted him in China!






The most wonderful thing Kyra has said (besides she likes her baby brother) is "I feel like I'm in a story.  All of a sudden I have a baby brother."     It is like a story with a happy ending! 

9 comments:

XiaoXiao said...

Yay!!! You all look so happy. Even a big smile from Liam already, that's wonderful. We're thrilled for you and can't wait to see you next week!

skm said...

SOOOOOO happy for all of you!
Sharon, Mike & Teagan

La La said...

You make a great looking family. I can tell Kyra is IN A STORY--by how happy she looks. Her insight always amazes me. SMILES already from Liam??--that last pix of him is priceless --in fact it is so good, if you email it to me (or when you get home) we can crop out Daddy's foot and get it printed !

Dianne Carter said...

How Wonderful & amazing!! He is beasutiful and Kyra looks so happy too. I knew she would come around. I can't wait to meet him and see you all. Have a safe trip home.

Andrew said...

YaY! I am SO Happy...My new nephew is adorable! And he seems very content and happy. I've never seen Kyra smile so big for a photo! Tell her that her Uncle Andrew is very, very proud of her! Can't wait to see you all at Newark next week!

Love, Andrew

Sherri said...

Congrats!!! He's a good looking boy for sure. I'm happy for you and your family.

Sherri

Sarah said...

I am so happy for you all. Liam is so handsome and he and Kyra look great together. Enjoy the rest of your time in China and have a safe trip home.

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful family!

Travis said...

YAAY...it's official!! Liam is so cute, and looks very happy. Andrew is right...I've never seen Kyra smile so big for a photo! You are all glowing! I'm so glad Kyra loves her new brother, and that she's being such a good helper. I hope the next week of your China story is as happy as the first...can't wait to see you!!