Friday, December 10, 2010

Moving Again

My blog is moving again and here is the new address:

http://web.mac.com/kimba.brown/Brown_Family/Kims_Homepage.html


I believe if you just type the following you'll get there, too.

http://web.mac.com/kimba.brown


Once you arrive, click on "Family Blog" at the top of the homepage.
And please be patient while I gain some experience in blogging at a different site.

If you have any interest in how this change came about... read on.


Back in March, I made the leap and began paying $99 per year to have a Mac website. Well, my cash made the leap, but I didn't quite reach the other side of the ravine. And it has been a very WIIIIDDDDEEEEE ravine. Also included with the website is something called "Web Gallery" where you can download your pictures directly from iphoto to an album in a gallery and email the album to all your friends and family. I took to that part quickly. The website was what made the ravine so wide - thus making the leap soooo long.

The website consists of a homepage, a blog, and a place for photos and videos. My neighbor promised me that if I changed from a PC to a Mac - he would be my in house tech support and I only need pay him with martinis. Well, I can only tell you that I'm waaaayyyy behind in my martini bill. He's given me a ton of support and with every lesson he gives me - I retain about 5%. Sad, isn't it? And he convinced me that this website would be easy to use - no time waiting for pictures to upload to blogger, etc... and he's absolutely right. It's just that it has taken me 9 months to complete this long scary jump.

Blogspot has been my home since I began blogging and it just felt safe to stay here. I attempted, back in March, to write a blog on my new website, but it was disastrous. Of course, if I hadn't been drinking the martinis I was paying my neighbor while he was teaching me how to blog on the new website..... I might have had more success. I made a mess of the blog and he patiently helped me straighten it out. But it has been sitting, unpublished, whereever unpublished blogs sit out in cyberspace, until I became brave enough to actually LAND on the other side of this ravine I've just been hanging over for 9 months.

So tonight is the night. The night I finish the big leap. I spent 1 hour and 45 minutes last week-end with my neighbor learning how to do a lot of things on my Mac and my new website. And since I didn't take a sip of anything except water the whole time - I probably retained a whole 10% this time!

So here it is again.

http://web.mac.com/kimba.brown/Brown_Family/Kims_Homepage.html


Leap Complete.




No comments: