Saturday, January 23, 2010

A Snowy Day

Does this look like the face of a little boy who likes to paint? 

It was Martin Luther King Day and Kyra had the day off  from school.   It had snowed all night and continued to snow until mid day.
I hadn't had the easel out for a very long time, so I thought it might be something Liam would like.   Kyra had always, always loved to paint.  But could I handle easel painting with two of them??? 
It worked out pretty well.  Liam didn't have the attention span for painting that Kyra did,  and I must say he was more reserved than Kyra.  


My little artist was in her glory - mixing paints to make different colors.  And she only left one big orange stain of paint on the carpet - even with the tarp!


After it stopped snowing, the sun came out and it was time to hit the "slope".
The pile of snow at the end of our driveway is now 5-6 feet tall!



This is one of my all time favorite photos of my beautiful Sophie!



Can you say Snowfro?

The day before, daddy and Kyra made a gigantic snowperson.  Craig added dead bushes to the top to make a gigantic afro.  After an all night/all morning snow - it became a snowfro!


Kyra loves snow as much as she loves sand.  She asked me to bury her in snow!  Brrrrrrr!


It was a fun snowy day.  Even if Liam couldn't keep his hat up. : )


1 comment:

XiaoXiao said...

I think you might need to get a plastic covered room with two painters ... thank goodness for washable paints!

Kyra is getting so tall! And she's still such a little snow bunny. Love seeing your "three kids" out in the fluff.