Today was Liam's first real snow. At first he wasn't real sure what to think of it. He liked his slow ride when Kyra pulled him.
Of course, Kyra is our Eskimo. She likes to lay in snow...
...put her face in snow and eat snow!
Our neighbors and their kids came over to sled ride. We ended our first snow with an impromptu fire pit complete with roasting hot dogs, making s'mores and drinking hot chocolate. What fun!
Our snowy day was complete after decorating the tree. Kyra was my chief elf!
Elf Liam was pretty uninterested in decorating the tree, but thought that dumping the Christmas balls and throwing the icicles up in the air was pretty fun.
No one loves the snow like Sophie! With the snow, her whole family outside, and the neighbors and their kids over -- Sophie had the best time ever!
It was a really great snow day.
3 comments:
Fantastic fun, especially Sophie and Kyra look like it's the best day! And what a good big sister Kyra is!
Yes, Kim I had seen these but failed to comment. So much fun, wish I had been there when it snowed.
Did I tell you?? The video before these would not play for me and now these won't. What?????
Dad needs to leave a comment thatI hope Kyra and Liam read some day. I had a wonderful time in the snow with the two of you and at the fire pit this weekend. Hot dogs and smores is always a special time.
I am writing this on the Tuesday afterwards. Tonight Mom went out Christmas shopping and I did the Daddy thing for the evening. You both wanted a bath after dinner so I put you in our tub and let you play for half an hour. Kyra, you were so good with your brother-it was very sweet.
As I got Liam into bed, Kyra, you were happy to watch some TV. I have been gone a lot the past few weeks. D.C. three weeks ago,Pittsburgh two weeks ago, Phoenix and Okalahoma City this past week and NYC and Florida next week. The most travel I have had since we got Liam.
So I am putting Liam to bed tonight and after close to half an hour he looks at me, reaches out his hand to my face, and says "Daddy home.?" I said "Yes, Daddy home. Daddy loves Liam." He reached out to me and hugged me and said "I love you Daddy." And life was good.
Later that night I was putting Kyra to sleep and instead of reading stories she just wanted to talk. She does this a lot more lately. We just lay in bed and talk and laugh a lot. We really enjoy being with each other. I hate to tell her to go to sleep as I so enjoy our conversations. Today we talked about Santa and whether I believe. Yes I do.
Today was a good day - a very good day!! I hope God gives me a lot more of these to enjoy.
Post a Comment